This page exists to collect syntax files developed by the EditPlus community. Each link should point to a page containing a single syntax file which can be updated and used. See syntax file format for information on the syntax of the EditPlus syntax files.
Using Custom Syntax Files
- Copy the syntax file into EditPlus
- Save it in the EditPlus program folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\EditPlus 2\) with a .stx file extension
- Under Tools > Preferences > Files > Settings & Syntax, click "Add" on the right
- Enter a "Description" for the syntax file type
- Enter the appropriate file extensions(s) to trigger custom syntax highlighting as a semicolon-separated list without periods, e.g. html;htm
- Enter the path to the syntax file by clicking on the "..." button to the right of the "Syntax file:" text field in the Settings and syntax tab
- Optionally adjust the colors used to highlight certain syntax types under the "Syntax colors" tab
Custom Syntax Files
- Notes Syntax
- In the absense of wysiwyg "what you see is what you get" features in EditPlus, the notes syntax file provides syntax highlighting for some common textfile note-taking markup such as *bold* and _underline_.
- Do-It-Yourself PHP Syntax
- PHP script that will allow you to generate your own PHP syntax file, custom-tailored to your PHP version and configuration.
- Add INCLUDE instruction support for EditPlus files
- Add inclusion support for STX, ACP and CTL files for EditPlus.
- User Files on editplus.com
- User contributed syntax file collection on EditPlus official website.